Am I being Paranoid?

Frankly I only have Amyloid in my bladder, in fact I have three spots of it. On November the 3rd 2010 I bled very heavily from my bladder and I lost half of my blood, I had to be operated on to stop the bleeding and I was in hospital for three days. Ever since this occurrence I have become very nervous about going away on holiday and even though we do not go out of this country I still feel very much on edge when we go away and I only go away because I do not want to disappoint my wife. A consultant, who at the time, was giving me one of my many Cystoscopies, once said to me that although my bladder appeared to be fine there was no telling when I may bleed again, he went on to say that I could bleed the following day.

Is there anyone please who could help and advise me and perhaps help put my mind at rest? Also tell me please, am I being Paranoid?

I don't think you are being paranoid. I would have a long talk with your Doctor and get his opinion on whether you should stay close to a good hospital or not. I had a massive brain bleed and I don't travel (which I love) because if I need help, I want to be close to my great neurosurgern. Stay strong!

Thank you very much for saying what you did and for your understanding, you have indeed made me feel better about myself.

Louisa Marion's Daugher said:

I don't think you are being paranoid. I would have a long talk with your Doctor and get his opinion on whether you should stay close to a good hospital or not. I had a massive brain bleed and I don't travel (which I love) because if I need help, I want to be close to my great neurosurgern. Stay strong!

Thank you for your kind words.

John "JC" Colyer said:

Be vigilante in your health, you are not paranoid